Re: Problems with the DSSSL style-sheets

Mark Komarinski <markk@cgipc.com>:
> Pointer to location of the ldp.dsl:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/tools.html#DSSSL
>

> How to use it:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/usingldpdsssl.html

I looked.  If "white background and automatic generation of the table
of contents you see at the beginning of HOWTOs."  is all this is
doing, then the LDP stylesheets ought to be scrapped in favor of a (fixed)
version of Norm Walsh's.  They do those things too.

> Try this:
>
>     <author>
>       <firstname>Eric</firstname>
>       <othername>S.</othername>
>       <surname>Raymond</surname>
>       <affiliation>
>         <address>
>           <email>esr@...</email>
>         </address>
>       </affiliation>
>     </author>

Actually my examples look like this:

<author>
  <firstname>Eric</firstname>
  <othername>Steven</othername>
  <surname>Raymond</surname>
  <affiliation>
    <orgname><ulink url="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/";>
    Thyrsus Enterprises</ulink></orgname>
    <address>
    <email>esr@thyrsus.com</email>
    </address>
  </affiliation>
</author>
<pubdate role="cvs">$Date: 2000/08/21 18:29:23 $</pubdate>
<releaseinfo>This is version 3.0</releaseinfo>
<copyright>
  <year>2000</year>
  <holder role="mailto:esr@thyrsus.com";>Eric S. Raymond</holder>
</copyright>
<legalnotice>
  <title>Copyright</title>
  <para>Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify
  this document under the terms of the Open Publication License,
  version 2.0.</para>
</legalnotice>

So I have an affiliation block, and I doubt that's the problem.
--

As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest,
law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself