Problems with the DSSSL style-sheets

I've just finished converting all of my active HOWTOs to DocBook.
While doing this, I have run across one problem with DocBook itself
and two problems with the stylesheets.

1. Missing <newsgroup> tag.

The problem with the DocBook markup itself is that I cannot find any
way to semantically tag a USENET newsgroup name.  This comes up
especially frequently in connection with LDP HOWTOs, which often
cite newsgroups.

We're missing a <newsgroup> element, which would be desirable for the
same reason as <email>.  Consider

     <newsgroup>comp.os.linux.announce</newsgroup>

In HTML output, this wants to become

But in print we probably want the equivalent of

     <emphasis>comp.os.linux.announce</emphasis>

without news URL.

2.  Stylesheet problems in HTML output.

Using the docbook-style-dsssl-1.54-4 package, I note that in HTML output