Re: screen not formatting properly in text output.

On Aug 7, 10:07am, Dan York wrote:
> Subject: Re: screen not formatting properly in text output.
>
> It would be great if you could get something more with text output
> into sgmltools. That area seems to be one of the weaker areas of
> DocBook output.

For the LDP environment, I use sgml2text and then pipe it thru a
simple script I wrote that rips out all the extra blank lines.
Yes, this appeared to be a bug (in sgml-tools 1.0.9, which
is what we use).

Since there are no tables available in linuxdoc, perhaps
piping a single-file HTML variant thru lynx would produce
the 'best' plain text output?

r,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com