Re: table quirk, and ascii output suggestion

On Jul 6,  7:07pm, Grant Taylor wrote:
> Subject: table quirk, and ascii output suggestion
> This appears to be fine in HTML, at least as far as w3m is concerned,
> but isn't quite right in Postscript/PDF: all items but the first are
> placed wrong, such that the leading bullets are in the previous
> column.  The same sort of thing happens when I use a SimpleList
> instead.  A similar problem appears in varlists and a few other places
> where paragraphs interact with TeX's assorted list structures.
>
> Now that I look, enumerated lists are even worse; HOWTO-HOWTO.pdf, for
> example, shows these as
>
>  1.
>     Text for one
>
>  2.
>     Text for two

As many of you know, we are using htmldoc to go from a single-file
HTML file into postscript/pdf. The extra <p> tags embedded in the
HTML list elements are causing this behavior. Pal Domokos
<pal.domokos@usa.net> pointed this out sometime ago, but I have
not done anything to fix this.

Short of filtering the HTML file prior to passing it to htmldoc,
can anything come up with another way to handle this?

> I've placed a one-page sample of what I'm seeing in my table (from
> simplelist and member) at http://www.picante.com/phtsam.ps
>
> Also, there was a little thread about how we're using lynx for ascii
> output from docbook.  Please use w3m instead; it does a much better
> job than lynx, especially if I ever get this table to work right! ;)

We can do that. w3m.org...I'll give it a shot.

	Ferg

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |