table quirk, and ascii output suggestion

I've just converted my HOWTO into DocBook, and am having a bit of
trouble getting satisfactory table output.  There are two problems;
possibly both are due to my table's structure:

 <title>Linux Printer Support</title>
 <tgroup cols=5>
  <thead>
   <row>
    <entry>
     <simpara>Manufacturer</simpara>
    </entry>
   </row>
  </thead>

  <tbody>
   <row>
    <entry></entry>
    <entry></entry>
    <entry>
     <ItemizedList>
      <ListItem><Para>MD-5000</Para></ListItem>
      <ListItem><Para>MD-4000</Para></ListItem>
      <ListItem><Para>MD-2000</Para></ListItem>
      <ListItem><Para>MD-1300</Para></ListItem>
      <ListItem><Para>MD-1000</Para></ListItem>
     </ItemizedList>
    </entry>
    <entry></entry>
   </row>

This appears to be fine in HTML, at least as far as w3m is concerned,
but isn't quite right in Postscript/PDF: all items but the first are
placed wrong, such that the leading bullets are in the previous
column.  The same sort of thing happens when I use a SimpleList
instead.  A similar problem appears in varlists and a few other places
where paragraphs interact with TeX's assorted list structures.

Now that I look, enumerated lists are even worse; HOWTO-HOWTO.pdf, for
example, shows these as

 1.
    Text for one

 2.
    Text for two

I've placed a one-page sample of what I'm seeing in my table (from
simplelist and member) at http://www.picante.com/phtsam.ps

Also, there was a little thread about how we're using lynx for ascii
output from docbook.  Please use w3m instead; it does a much better
job than lynx, especially if I ever get this table to work right! ;)

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante<dot>com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
  Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/