RE: restructuring

What will go into the LDP/DocBook directory?  Will that be our home for
documents originally authored in DocBook?  What are the advantages of
converting LinuxDoc documents to DocBook via a script?  All of the output
formats that we use can be created from either DocBook or LinuxDoc source,
correct?  If they're equivalent, perhaps we should allow DocBook source for
any documents, and put only native DocBook documents in
LDP/HOWTO/sgml-source/DocBook and cousins.  The
LDP/HOWTO/sgml-source/LinuxDoc directory should contain native LinuxDoc
sources.  I just thought of another reason to have the LinuxDoc to DocBook
translations. Having those translations will make it easier for authors
(when the time comes) to start writing in DocBook instead.  I would like to
see the LDP/DocBook directory go away, and become part of the document type
directories.  Perhaps the best way to keep things clean would be to create
an sgml-source directory with three subfolders.  The first, DocBook, to hold
native DocBook directories.  The second, LinuxDoc, to hold native LinuxDoc
documents.  The third, LinuxDoc2DocBook, to hold DocBook documents that were
translated from LinuxDoc.  I think that this is a better long-term strategy,
so that we don't have to change things again very soon.  I'm going to go
read the FSSTND and FHS today, to see where things should go.  Once we have
things hammered out into a final format, we should start to contact the
maintainers of the many distributions to ask them to move things around to
work with our new layout.  I'll volunteer to do this, but I'm getting ahead
of myself here.  Let's have some comments, either agree or disagree, I'd
just like to see more than three or four opinions.  Thanks,
	Greg

Windows has detected mouse movement, please reboot your computer for these
changes to take effect.
*stolen from usenet*