Re: alpha sorting

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 02:02:25AM -0800, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> > what's more standard than alphabetical?
>
> The ls and unix way of sorting.

I'm approaching 20 years of Unix use, and in many places I detest
case-insensitive crap. DOS filenames and SuSE's default settings
for pattern-matching in their 'vi' clone leap to mind.

Here, however, I think Guyhelm is completely wrong.

Sort the names alphabetically, case-insensitive. That will be easier
for most users, including long-time Unix users.