Re: Critique of draft GNU Free Documentation License v1.0

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Jorge Godoy wrote:

> > The passive voice ("be attached") avoids stating who the actor is.
> > In this case, that question is crucial.  Who would this be
> > a requirement on?  In what circumstances?  To do what?
>
> I see that as a community requirement. The maintainer of the document
> would, as a last modification, communicate that hes not going to
> support it anymore and he's making it available for others to

That's just not practical. Even if the maintainer doesn't just up and die,
the doc/code is often just put out and eventually stops getting
maintained. I think many of the HOWTOs have been orphaned. Many projects
go the same route.

ciao,

der.hans

--