Re: HOWTO vs mini-HOWTO [was: Linux Doc Infrastructure]

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 06:56:38AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > There are two ways of looking at this, the first is to say let's just
> > get rid of the mini-HOWTOs and integrate them with the rest of the
> > documents.  The other option (it seems to me) is to make the distinction
>
> Quick poll : who would like this?

I would like to do away with the distinctions. I dislike having to check
one list, then the other.

Many of the minis need to be incorporated into the regular howtos or
merged together with like topics anyway. For instance, I plan on making a
"removable drive HOWTO" as soon as I get my scsi card working with my
laptop. This will include stuff from all the Zip and Jaz (mini-)HOWTO,
which I believe haven't been updated in eons. The same info applies for
Zip, Jaz, Orb, so it should all be in one place having to do with the
overall topic.

ciao,

der.hans

--