Re: sgml aequivalent of html <br>

In his mail on 25/10/00, 14:03:09, "David C. Merrill, Ph.D." <dcmerrill@mindspring.com> said:
> From: "Kai Blin" <k.blin@gmx.net>
> > is there a sgml aeqivalent to the html <br> (that's line break) tag?
>
> Just in case you don't already know, the full text of _DocBook: The
> Definitive Guide_ is available online at
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/html/docbook.html. It includes a complete list of
> all DocBook tags. The URLs Ferg sent you are to sections of that most
> excellent document.

Yes, I found this an read some of it. But I didn't find what I wanted.

> I agree with him, that you should probably use the <literallayout> tag. It
> is intended for situations where you need to control things like line breaks
> and other whitespace.

I'm using it at the moment, but I'm not very happy about it.

> What specifically is the situation? If you post the text you're dealing
> with, we might come up with other suggestions.

Here it is.

      <para>
        <literallayout>
        In your .muttrc add the following:
        set certificate_file =  ~/.mutt_certificate
        Also, you'll have to change you mailbox names.
        So, given the previous example, change it from
          {imap.example.com}inbox
        <emphasis>  {imap.example.com/ssl}inbox</emphasis>
        Repeat this for all
        your mailboxes.
        Thats it.
        </literallayout>
      </para>

I'd prefer to use linebreaks only, since I only need to specify some of them
in the above lines. Having a literal layout like this, it look fine as html
with lynx or so, but with X it looks quite silly.

Thanks again

Kai
--
Kai Blin, Sysop of the Dep. of Imunology of the University of Tuebingen
---