Re: Rendering DocBook

Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:

> > New HOWTO's can/should be written in the "DocBook" document type, which is
> > processed with any of a number of tools, although they all rely on the same
> > engine: OpenJade.
>
> not correkt, i´m useing the xml version of DocBook, and do the rendering
> with the applications of the xml.apache.org project:
> 	xalan and xerces (xml parser and xsl engine) and
> 	fop (formating object processor, xo xml files -> pdf documents)
> these are java applications.
>
> this method is not yet ready for production use.
>
> regards, andreas

Sorry, Andreas, I never had the chance to take a closer look at XML
and it's processing tools. What output formats can you have from it?
Can you get PS output of it? And PDF? These are output that we are
using here at LDP too...

Thanks,
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.