Re: Cyrillic HOWTO: raised from the dead (unmaintained)

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 10:52:23PM -0500, Alexander L. Belikoff wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm resuming my work on the Cyrillic HOWTO. As of now, my priority #1
> would be converting it to DocBook. Since I am definitely not up to
> date w/ the current state of things in the LDP (as well as not
> familiar w/ DocBook), I'll appreciate all kinds of tips/pointers
> related to the process (especially conversion tools). Since the two
> DTDs are so different manual conversion would take some time...

If you look at the LDP site you'll find it's already machine-converted
to DocBook.  But I'm an advocate of keeping HOWTOs in LinuxDoc and
suggest spending most of your time on improving the content of the
HOWTO.

An important terminal I/O mapping program (mapchan) has been released
last year in the Ukraine and right now I'm trying to translate a
little of the documentation to English.  Further discussion on this
should be off this this list (between you and me).

			David Lawyer