Subject: failure notice
Date: 6 Dec 2000 16:09:05 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@e-smith.net
To: dyork@e-smith.com

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at e-smith.net.

<discuss@linuxdoc.org>:
64.81.28.146 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <discuss@linuxdoc.org>... Relaying denied
Giving up on 64.81.28.146.

Sender: dyork
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:08:34 -0500
From: Dan York <dyork@e-smith.com>
To: discuss@linuxdoc.org
 Linux

Alfredo, lzx and Jose,

Welcome to the LDP mailing lists and we would certainly appreciate your
involvement and assistance in our work documenting Linux.  However,
I'm afraid you probably won't find people on the list answering the
questions you have just posted, since this list is really for
discussion about *LDP* issues and NOT about general Linux questions.

You'll find this more clearly stated along with some resources at:

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/mailinfo.html

I would especially encourage you to seek out a local Linux User
Group (LUG).  If there isn't one right around you, most LUGs have
mailing lists which are open to everyone to join in.  In those
mailing lists, you will find a crowd of people who can answer
just the type of questions you are asking.  On the page I mention
above it points to one source of info about LUGs:

  http://lugww.counter.li.org/

You may also find the following sites useful (there is no central
listing of all LUGs, so some lists may have entries that others
do not):

  http://www.tux.org/luglist.html
  http://linux.com/lug/
  http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/glue/
  http://www.linuxlinks.com/UserGroups/

I wish we had the time to answer questions like you have asked,
but we simply do not.

Thank you - and if you are interested in helping us with
documentation, we would certainly welcome your participation.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739