Re: Manifesto

I have also found the format difficult to learn, but I think Metadata is so important.  What we need is not an easier format, but better editors.  Emacs with SGML is not so easy.  WordPerfect or FrameMaker+SGML are expensive widows options.  Lyx seems to be free and at least partially WYSIWYG.  Can we gather all these experts together and add extensions to something like Abiword or Gnotepad or something?  Take a look at Microsoft's XML notepad.