Re: Cataloging LDP

On Oct 10,  3:55pm, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Subject: Cataloging LDP
> [...]
> 1  Process
> 1.1  Linux Development
> 1.1.1  Theory/Philosophy
> 1.1.2  Planning: Architect Design/Requirements Gathering
> 1.1.3  Coding
> 1.1.4  Compiling
> 1.1.5  Testing
> 1.1.6  Release/Acceptance
> 1.1.7  Maintenance
> 1.2  Linux User and Administration
> 1.2.1  Background Information
> 1.2.2  Pre-installation requirements (chipset or specifications of
> hardware, etc.)
> 1.2.3  Installation
> 1.2.4  Configuration
> 1.2.5  Maintenance/Tune-up
> 1.2.6  Troubleshooting
> 1.2.6.1  Pre- and Post-Dependencies of subject matter ( what items
> affect it working correctly)
> 1.2.6.2  Where to go for more info (i.e. to manufacturer for specs)

Kevin -

Please take a look at the work David Merrill (and to some degree
myself) did which is a categorized list of *HOWTOs*, similar to
the outline you propose -

    http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/categories.html

Please provide input/comments/etc.

> The one question I have not figured out yet, is how to do a
> Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced sort of subject matter.  Should we
> reclassify some things to basics/intermediate/advanced?  Let me know.

Interesting thought. Certainly possible.

r,

Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg at sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com/ |
Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org/ | gferg at metalab.unc.edu