Re: Boilerplate License Revision Proposal

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 07:44:05AM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
> David makes a valid argument within his perspective. I would not be able
> to argue with it, without making points that would be contrary to that
> perspective.
> As I have stated before, I am not in any way against having the more
> liberal licenses. I just think that authors should be able to limit
> commercial "paper" re-print. I really think this is important for items
> such as "Guides".

You are right, author should be able to make money from their documents.
But not at the expense of making non free documents.

Maybe we should try to find a way for our authors to get a compensation
for the time and energy they spend writing free docs?

I would support a "public service" scheme, where linux distributions,
publisher, would give money to the LDP authors as an acknowledgement of
their effort, but without any obligation.

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu                    http://www.iMedecin.com