Re: Commercial Environment Linux Howto

----- Original Message -----
From: Amir Malik <amir@infoteen.com>
To: <ldp-discuss@lists.linuxdoc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: Commercial Environment Linux Howto

> Hi,
>
> Well, I'm working on something with the title along the lines of "Enterprise Linux Server HOWTO".... I haven't got very far in
writing it, but am planning to include everything from choosing the right distribution for an enterprise server environment,
configuring it, security, firewalls, restricted access, administration, upgrades, etc.

> Are you writing about commercial uses of linux, say for example, using it as a replacement for another OS in offices, etc. ???
> I'm focusing on the heavy-duty-enterprise-server aspect of it....

I think it might be a good idea to put what I've got so far up on a site. I'll do that when I return home.

>From what it sounds like, I think our works would be complementary. The NAG and SAG for instance concentrate on howto maintain an
existing installation. What yours sounds like is howto decide on new stuff for an enterprise installation. My howto would suggest
howto introduce linux to a corporation that has always had brandX for no other reason than Because. Where others concentrate on the
technical knowledge, I've made a specific point of concentrating on the people skills necessary to get Linux rolled.

I'll put the roughs on a site and post the URL later on.

Thanks,
--
Alistair Mann
visit the uk.local.london website at