Re: Proposed new HOWTO - Lotus Domino

Go for it. I tried to install Domino a couple of weeks ago and gave up.

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 ABell@intec.co.uk wrote:

<CITE>I am an experienced Lotus Domino Programmer/Administrator and an Advanced
<CITE>Lotus Business Partner but fairly new to the wonderful world of Linux, I
<CITE>have set up Lotus Domino server on a few computers with a variety of linux
<CITE>distributions and I feel a HOWTO in this area would be of assistance to
<CITE>the Lotus and Linux community. I would be happy to write and maintain a
<CITE>HOWTO covering the installation and configuration of Lotus Domino server
<CITE>and the Lotus Notes client running under Wine. (Lotus Notes client under
<CITE>Wine is now very impressive.)
<CITE>
<CITE>Alan Bell
<CITE>Senior Lotus Domino Developer
<CITE>Intec Systems Ltd.

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.