Re: bootable linux cdrom with root filesystem HOWTO

Tom Fawcett wrote:

> > The instructions will be RedHat specific, But the concepts should work
> > for other distributions.
>
> In my opinion HOWTOs shouldn't be distribution-specific.  I'm not sure what
> the LDP policy is.

I agree with you that in general, HOWTO's should not be distribution-specific.
Unfortunately, the creation of any root filesystem will be dependent on the
distribution, i.e. a SUSE root filesystem is installed differently than a
Mandrake root filesystem.  Any documentation written on this subject will have
to reflect this difference.