Re: DocBook Guidelines and other crap.

Wrote Gregory Leblanc on Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 09:15:25AM -0700:

> Are we interested in making any policy about tag minimization?

Well it seems that the DocBook 3.1 SGML declaration that I'm using
disallows minimisation except for SHORTTAG.

(Not that I know exactly what SHORTTAG means - perhaps that is for empty
tags?)

Unless you are using DocBook XML then what's the problem with tag
minimisation? If tools aren't working properly because of minimised tags
then the tools are broken and they can be fixed by putting a run of
sgmlnorm just before the document is parsed.

Chuck