Re: Authorship

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Gary Preckshot wrote:

> Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> A very balanced reply, Greg.
>

> Apropos vi, I don't like it because it's a mode editor. If you forget

This is exactly why I like it. I know what mode it's in and I don't have
to hit 5 keys at the same time or use a mouse.

> which mode you're in, or don't look, you end up typing a nonsense

I don't do that very often. vim has multiple undo, so it's not a
problem.

> BTW, this discussion is healthy and long overdue. When I first got on

I agree it's healthy. Projects need to re-evaluate themselves once in a
while to make sure they're still on track to the correct goal and that
they're on an acceptable path.

> this forum, it was obvious that all I could do is irritate people of
> long-standing membership. I was pretty sure I was right, but I had
> nothing to demonstrate it. Now I've taken Mark's howto and rewritten
> it with a tool that he wrote off. It has graphics where it had none

I don't see that as an improvement unless there's text to replace them
where appropriate. I agree that HOWTOs should allow graphics, but they
still have to be text only compliant. We have two legally blind guys in
our local LUG. They aren't gonna look at the 27 8x10 color glossies with
circles and arrows, but they can use the paragraph on the back of each one
describing what it is and what it's trying to convey!

ciao,

der.hans :)
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans