Re: if SGML is so great...

Jorge Godoy wrote:

> Stein Gjoen <sgjoen@mail.nyx.net> writes:
>
> > To add near term benefits I would like a few new(?) tags
> >  - a command tag with chapter number for Linux commands
> >   such as "df(1)"
> >  - a keyword tag for global keywords that will be used
> >   in for instance metatags in HTML files
>
> We already have it. It's the <keywordset> tag.
> Use like this:
>
> <keywordset>
>     <keyword>metadata</keyword>
>     <keyword>more data</keyword>
> </keywordset>

Interesting. How is it rendered, or is it at all?

More importantly, where can I look to find out myself where
the tags are described without wading through masses of
incomprehensible datafiles?

> >  - a file tag that renders to file:///location/of/file in HTML
> >   and courier in hardcopies
> >
> > These would also be very useful in automated stub man page
> > generation.
>
> Hmmm... you can use <refentry> for generating man pages.

Ah but I just want stub man pages, check my home page
for examples of what I have in mind:
	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/home.html

> > Also while I (hopefully) have your attention, I'd like a
> > spell check tool that checks my text and skips the markup
> > itself. With ispell I get innundated with every single part
> > of various URLs.
>
> There's on spell checker (I think it's called "aspell") that seems to
> work correctly with that. I don't know if it does, but you may try
> it.

I'll look into it. thanks. Such things should be on the
authors resource page at LinuxDoc website.

Incidentally, there is a thread on LinuxDoc SGML in
news:comp.text.sgml underway.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen