RE: Something I would like to see

I don't think that's what Tom was trying to say.  I think the intent with
the "lower quality" bit was that because the LDP can do less with the
non-SGML document than we could with the equivalent document marked up using
DocBook, the document is "lower quality" with regards to indexing and
searching.  You can write teriffic documents using even a program as archaic
as Microsoft Word, but those documents are NOT as easily added to a
collection as ones written in SGML are.  I'm going to have to download LyX
tonight so that I can offer a better educated opinion on that, but from what
I've heard from the people who use it, get that and use it for writing
documentation if you don't want to know what you document really says
(WYSIWYM, sorta).  If you DO care about SGML, use a text editor that has
syntax highlighting support.  Either way, I don't care, as long as the
documents in the "collection" are written in SGML so that we can use them
effectively.
	Greg