German "The Linux Kernel"

Dear Linux-Docsters,
I'm thinking about translating David A. Ruslings
/The Linux Kernel/ into German. This is a fairly big task
and will take a while. So here are two questions
before I dig into the matter more deeply:
1.) Is someone else working on a German xlation of TLK
already?
2.) Is it possible to publish it as a "work in progress"
on your site, i.e. one chapter at a time or so?
I'd like to deploy Linus Torvalds'
"Release Early Release Often" to encourage feedback,
typo fixes and other corrections.

And, yes, I will subscribe to the mailing list tonight.

Regarz
Gantar