New HOWTO project

As a Linux newbie stuggling with installing and configuring LinuxPPC 2K
I found the vendor's documentation less than adequate. From the
discussions on comp.os.linux.powerpc, I'm not alone. Rather than respond
individually on the newsgroup, I think it would be worthwhile to
document everything in a HOWTO or mini-HOWTO. I've actually drafted such
a beast and am now trying to master DocBook.

Is this a worthwhile project? Has someone already undertaken it?