Re: First batch and mini HOWTOs

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 11:30:40PM +0100, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 04:34:41PM +0100, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> > I don't think that decision is quite fair. We had a discussion on this
> > list, and the _majority_ of posters favoured the idea of abandoning this
> > random distinction. I have been working on a web based system that would
>
> What if an HOWTO and a mini have the same name?
>
> Maybe you'd prefer removing 'mini' for all documents but the ones with a
> confusing title.

I think that HOWTOs need to be listed under the category to which they
belong.  A number of the mini-HOWTOs names pertain to a specialized
brand of hardware that will not be known by many who browse the list.
One advantage of the present system of mini's is that one browses the
regular list first and isn't confused by such names.  HOWTOs that are
subordinate to a "master" Howto should be so designated.  Thus one
solution would be to wait until a good categorization and organization
scheme is available before moving the mini-HOWTOs.  If they need to be
moved before this, I think I would still like to see the word "mini"
retained.
--
			David Lawyer