Re: RAID HOWTOs

Sandy Harris wrote:

> Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > At this point, I just want to make the documentation more easily
> > available, and I don't really care how it gets done.
>
> Are there links to it from the LDP site, or other well-known
> sites like metalabs or oswg.org? Those would help people find
> it.

Only indirectly so far. If you look into my Multi Disk HOWTO
you will find a link there to both RAID HOWTOs.

Let me stress that these HOWTOs document DIFFERENT versions of
the Linux RAID code and the syntax and workings of each differ.

Secondly the Redhat 6.0 mixed old- and new style RAID softwars
causing no end of repetitive traffic in the linux-raid maling
list. Worse, this misconfiguration was perpetuated in the
following Mandrake release.

Finally the author of the new RAID HOWTO is a frequent poster
in the above mentioned linux-raid mailing list, whereas I have
not been able to contact the author of the old style RAID
HOWTO, I wanted to ask him if he would add a link to the
Multi Disk HOWTO from his HOWTO.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen