Re: sgml-tools for Linuxdoc

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Stein Gjoen wrote:

> dave@lafn.org wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Are there more real bugs in sgml-tools?  I found that I couldn't use
> > certain symbols in section names.  It didn't like "quotes" there.
> > This may not be a bug as the manual says that sometimes you need to
> > use &dquot instead of ".
>
> Another annoying bug is that any <tt> tags in a heading causes
> these entries in the table of contents to cut the title at the
> position of the tag.
>
> Example:
> HTML:	6.3 Linux md Kernel Patch
> 	12.8 fstab
> ASCII:	6.3 Linux
> 	12.8 (TT
>
> These bugs have been pointed out on this list earlier, isn't it
> time to keep a list of bugs and suggestions? We seem to be
> rehashing these issues at LDP regularly yet very little has
> happened until now.

As long as the LDP does not take control of the sgml-tools (the v1 stuff)
the tools will remain unmaintained.

Ackwardly enough the tools are unmaintained for over a year now and LDP
still relies on linuxdoc sgml for all the documents without bothering to
maintain a toolkit.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/