bzip2 or not to bzip2

Hello All,

I recently created a compressed file that holds all the HOWTOs that are in
html format and placed them in a tar ball.  I then used bzip2 on them and
added a link so that others can download it.

I was asked why I used bzip2.  The easiest explanation that I can give is
that it compresses a lot better than anything else and is widely/freely
available.  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/bzip2/

So my question to you (yes all of you) is what would you like to see?

tar
tar.zip
tar.gz
tar.bz2

I'm open to anything and I suppose willing to have more than one type of
compression available.  Just let me know how you would like your docs made
available to others.

-tim