Re: Priorities (was: working SGML package)

David Lawyer wrote:

> I need to make some corrections/additons to this:
> >
> >SAndy Haris wrote:
> >>If Docbook SGML is the best way to build Linux documentation
> >>(which there seems to be a consensus on, and I'm not about to
> >>quibble) then I'd say maintaining and improving the tools is a
> >>high priority item.
> I think the if there is a consensus, it's to remain with Linuxdoc until
> there is a clear path shown for transition to Docbook.

I thought there was one - conversion:

--Quoting Howard Mann 11/5/99--

1.SGML tools ( V2 ) has a script for conversion of Linuxdoc documents to
DocBook.
Examples of the conversion process are here:
http://www.sgmltools.org/HOWTO/

--End Quote--

If we already have a conversion tool from LinuxDoc -> DocBook, why
aren't we using it and getting with the rest of the world?

For those that don't want to put the full V2 on, I can understand that.
I'll gladly volunteer spare cycles of my home box to churn on
some of this stuff.  It's a RH 5.2 box, so if V2 runs on it, I'll
install it and try a few sample conversions (starting with the HOWTO
HOWTO).

Anyone running V2 on a 5.2 box can please e-mail me with RPMs needed
and any compilation tips (IIRC, V2 doesn't compile on a RH 6.0 box).
Maybe this is the reason nobody's using V2??.

> David Lawyer (I) incorrectly wrote:
> > It should be
> >suggested that the author of a howto put his url in the howto for
> >feedback.  The Howto-HOWTO author forgot to do this.
>
> The url is there but not in the author heading where I put my url.  Sorry.
>                         David Lawyer

You mean under style guidelines or something?  I'm not sure I
understand what you're asking for.

-Mark